Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Struggling...

It is really difficult to marshall my thoughts into a coherant blog right now. It just seems like there is so much going on and my energy is so scattered in every conceivable direction. I almost feel as though I need somebody with a dog, a rope and a cattleprod to ride me into the corral.

As usual, I am searching for an outlet to direct my creative energies, preferably one that will a) not cost me alot of money and b)will benefit my career short or long term.

Sadly, it seems lately that all potentially beneficial career moves will at least cost me a whole lot of postage and at most several months rent.

Rent! Currently, yet another point of contention. I am trying to manifest a resolution that will not involve me going to the housing authority and having to file a lawsuit. I just feel like there are so many better, more worthwhile pastimes I could be pouring my energy into. BUT, in my belly I feel the fire of the righteously indignant. I have every right and reason to be outraged, but really would like to direct that effort elsewhere.

Still bouncing a screenplay around in my head, but making very little leeway and beginning to wonder just what exactly I will do with it, if I ever do actually get around to penning it. If I had a nickel for every actor that has a "brilliant" script somewhere in their home...

Then again, that is a very negative outlook and I am really trying to redirect my energies to the positive.

And just the fact that I typed the previous statement makes me want to drag my little pollyannna ass into an alley and administer a good old fashioned ass whipping for being such a self righteous prig.

For lack of a beter explantion, it would seem that the little angel and devil on my shoulders are engaged in a constant struggle for supremacy and in the meantime I sit and contemplate my navel lint.

I am looking for volunteers to come down here and light a fire under my ass. Or at least come and play with me and take my mind off of it all. Because if I ignore the situation, it is almost like it isn't happening at all!

No comments: