Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mission Statement...

Somebody asked me today to write myself a mission statement. What is my direction? What am I working to accomplish? How am I directing my focus?

I am having major difficulty with this.

I know what I want. I just don't know how to get there. Building an acting career is a somewhat intangible process. There is no roadmap. No tried and tested way of getting there. At least not that I've heard of. Maybe there is a secret society of...
Oh wait, there is always the secret society of "my mommy or daddy is famous and now my talentless, lazy ass is going to ride their coattails into my own career, and then make up some bullshit story about how I did it all on my own and never traded on who my parents are."

But dwelling on the negative is not going to accomplish anything. All of my relatives are useless in this aspect, so I guess I will just have to work this one through on my own.

And don't get me wrong, I would totally trade on my family ties, if I had any to do so, but I don't, so I resent and despise anyone who does. Especially if they later try to deny the tie ala Kate Hudson or Bryce Dallas Howard.

Back to the original point...mission statement...going to have to think on this for a bit.

No comments: