Friday, July 13, 2007

12 of 12 (Ok, so it is only 9 and I feel like a big old cheater)

Ok, I am cheating because I just don't have 12 pictures. I slept most of the day and then went to work and couldn't really take pics at work, and then it was after midnight and I figured the would really be cheating. So I am only cheating a little by shorting my pictures.

AND...I still can't seem to take a picture that is in focus with this damn camera. It is a digital Fujifilm FinePix A345 and if anyone has a suggestion it would be most welcome...

I woke up and went straight to the computer to check my email, hoping my Manager got back to me, because she emailed me 2 days ago and said she sent me 2 emails this month that I didn't respond to, and one of them was a casting call, and I think she is upset with me, but I never got any stinking emails, I triple checked, and how can she penalize me just because she can't type in my damn email address correctly?! And shouldn't she be calling my cell phone with auditions anyway? They are kind of too important to just relegate to am email, but hey, maybe that is just me...Sadly, there was no email response from her, and now I must endevor not to panic and assume my manager doesn't want to speak to me anymore.

Then I decided to crawl back in bed for a little bit, because who can resist the cuteness of these two?
Of course the extra cuddle time to make me feel better meant that I ended up leaving the house 19 minutes later than I was supposed to and now I will be praying all 20 miles to work that I make it on time.
I decided I might as well throw in some prayers to make it to work without running out of gas. (Also, there is nothing wrong with my damn brake light, but that little indicator light has been on for a month now.)

I made it to work only a few minutes late and reminded myself to get gas before driving home.

My work face. For once I did not apply my makeup in the car on the way to work, but then that probably contributed to my being late ...
There is a new rule at work that the opening waitress is required to take a half hour break, but since we have tables at all times we can't actually take a break because teamwork is a completely alien concept where I work...So I clocked out, ducked into the back and bolted down a burger and some grilled asparagus in about 5 minutes, went back on the floor for the last 25 minutes of my break then clocked back in.
Dan...it is quite possible that he is possesed by the devil.

And here are our busy little bartenders, pretending they don't see the drink tickets waiting to be made.

Finally, time to checkout for the night...count the money, write it all up, turn it in, drive 20 miles home and spend 40 minutes looking for a parking space.

AND I forgot to get gas, but somehow managed through force of will to hold off the little gas gauge light until I got off the freeway!

Weird, cranky neurotic 9 of 12 today.

Thank you to Chad!!!

4 comments:

Chad Darnell said...

Thanks for doing it! You know, if Robert Palmer comes back from the dead, you should totally do back-up for him. Do you have a little black dress? :)

If I had to drive around for 40 minutes trying to find a place to park, I would shoot myself. Ask Ryan about our adventures in trying to park at Doughboys. It was going to be a very special Homicide: Life on the Streets - West Hollywood.

Lipp said...

Nice k-town 12. And it's impressive that you have a Chad comment™ .

Anonymous said...

Great shots! :)

Andy E said...

I used to have a fuji film digital camera. Unfortuantely I never used to be able to get it to focus properly either! I don't know if yours ahs the facility ot hold the button down slightly to get it to focus and then press it to take a picture?

I don't think Dan's posessed by the devil. I think he's manipulating time and spce instead. ;-)