Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good to know...

The Boles family grapevine is in full effect.

It is hard to describe...

Imagine that every single little tidbit in your life travels at the speed of light and is discussed in great detail by every single member of your family.

OK, for example...

In the morning you are having a conversation with a sister and you happen to mention that your boyfriend likes to cuddle after sex. First off, that sister gets all, "Oh my God, I can't believe you just told me that!" Because heaven forbid anybody be open and not have any weird hangups when talking about sex. In the afternoon you are on the phone with another sister and out of nowhere..."I hear you and W*** like to cuddle after sex, Oh my God!" And at the next family gathering it is all anybody wants to talk about.

Gossip and judgement are the staple of my family's lives.

I talked to my Uncle this morning and I got an earful from my sister this afternoon.

Now if my uncle thinks I am being a dimwit, why rather than telling me, does he feel the need to call up my sister and discuss it with her?

Sometimes I feel like I am their favorite scandalous reality show.

I should just stop talking to all of them.

No comments: