Tuesday, August 12, 2008

12 of 12 August 2008

It's 12 of 12! I haven't done this since last November. No excuse, I always forget to bring the camera with me, and then it is 10pm before I remember again.
12 of 12 is the brainchild of Chad Darnell, thank you Chad!

Today is also mine and Will's 6th anniversary. The plan is to drive up to Malibu for a 6 mile hike, run home and get all pretty before we head out for a fancy dinner, maybe Stinking Rose because Will loves the garlic.

9:00 am



When Will got up this morning to brush his teeth, this is what he found in the bathroom...




After a very slow start, a stop at the grocery store for picnic food and a very long drive, we got to the trail head and reviewed what poison oak looks like.




This is what kitties stuck in trees feel like. It was a little difficult getting up the cliff, and then I was stuck.

Closer look at me stuck at the top of the cliff.


A cell phone tower! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I was. I needed to check and to see if my agent called about the callback I had yesterday, but there was no signal. Then we got to the top of the cliff, and what do you know! Service! Actually the only spot with service on the 4 hour hike.


I graffiti ed a little, it was a special day! I know graffiti is shitty, but it was just a little one...


After we hiked (mostly crawled) up the backside of the hill, we came down and discovered there were stairs to the top.



The "Split Rock" in a shady little oak grove where we stopped for a picnic.


After our picnic, we got momentarily lost (and possibly walked through 3 varieties of poison oak) we stumbled on a lady bug nest(?) Not sure if lady bugs actually nest, but it was a whole bunch of ladybugs in one spot, a pack?

We found the trail again, but somehow managed to take the wrong turn at the end of the hike and ended up hiking up the road back to where we left our car. This is Will's unhappy lost face. I wasn't actually sure that I was leading us the right direction but he didn't need to know that.

Finally home, cleaned up (we were a mess!) I checked the mail and found a bill that arrived today, which is as we know 8/12/08, but the due date on the bill...
Masters of efficiency!


After all of that we discovered we lacked the energy to leave the house again. So we had Indian food delivered. MMMmmmmm curry.



I had to rewrite my actress blog, because being a smart aleck is not cool in a "professional" bio. I was pissy, because I feel like a bio for a creative career should be creative. But apparently the "media doesn't like funny.


I had to add in my own personal "bonus" picture. It is my new screen saver. Will hates it. But I can't help it, I am a Bamber Bunny. Cookie! Yummy!


I feel a little monosyllabic today. Could be loss of IQ from dehydration. That hike was killer.


8 comments:

Lisa B said...

Absolutely gorgeous kitty pic, how fun to wake up to that greeting! Congratulations on your anniversary :0).

Unknown said...

That kitty is so cute, and he is looking at you like "don't think about moving me" Super cute! Nice screen too :)

Sunny Archibald said...

Looks like a fun day. Happy Anniversary. Cute, cute kitty picture.

BU said...

I love the first pic! :) My cats do the same...

Hibe said...

My guess would be that the cat has figured out that the bathroom is the first place his butler and maid go first in the morning and he's trying to tell you he's hungry.

Happy anniversary, hope the cat gave you the est of the day off. :)

Pete Cullen said...

That first pic has totally made my day, it's fantastic :) Great 12.

Dogeared said...

How cute is that first pic? Hee, made me smile. Congratulations on 6 years, and yay for doing 12 of 12 again! Missed seeing your entries, but I guessed you were busy!
i've not read "Labyrinth" yet, those 3 shelves are all my unread books! I'll let you know what I think of it though - or if you're registered on www.goodreads.com, you can find out there when I read it (it's a website where you can record your read, currently reading and will read books, and review them). I'm there as Beachcomber (or add me via my Gmil address, which isdogearedandfurry@... )

KC aka Carol said...

Awww, love the kitty in the sink! My cats do the same, they love to sit in the sink or the bathtub.